Get crafty with color this Easter and blow out and decorate your own keepsake Easter eggs. This springtime craft is a perfect family activity and lets you create artisan egg designs you can display in a centerpiece or give away as gifts — plus, you’ll enjoy these one-of-a-kind eggs for years to come!
What you’ll need:
Fresh jumbo-sized eggs
X-acto knife or craft knife
1. Create two tiny holes into the top and bottom of the eggshell by rotating (or spinning) the X-acto knife tip slowly into the shell.
2. Unfold the paper clip and gently push through the hole to break up the yoke inside the shell. This will make it easier to blow out the egg.
3. If you don’t want to use your mouth, use the aspirator on one hole to gently blow the egg out of the other hole. Repeat until egg is completely out. You can swish some water in the shell to help loosen any remaining egg.
4. Rinse the entire shell with warm water.
5. Let eggshells air dry, or put in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, or bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
6. Decorate eggs with your favor dyes or color technique.