- Large flower template
- Double-sided crepe paper
- Smooth-sided pencil
- Paper-covered floral wire
- Floral tape
- White craft glue
- Enlarge to desired size and print template. Use the template to trace and cut five teardrop-shaped petals and 15 heart-shaped petals from double-sided crepe paper.
- To shape petals, cup in center; wrap the top edge around a pencil to curl.
- Make a stem by wrapping three paper-covered wires together with floral tape.
- Make flower by assembling teardrop petals around the stem and securing with floral tape. Place heart petals around the “bud” you have created and secure with more floral tape.
- Trace and cut the calyx shape from green crepe paper. Wrap calyx around bottom of rose and glue in place.
- Trace and cut out three leaf shapes from green crepe paper. Draw a bead of glue down the center of each leaf, place a paper-covered wire down, and pinch the crepe paper together over the paper-covered wire “vein” to hide it.
- Attach the leaves to the stem by wrapping in floral tape.
- Wrap stem with strips of green crepe paper to cover floral tape; glue in place.