Christmas is that time of year when lots of presents require wrapping, but what if wrapping gifts is a skill that’s always eluded you? We have the answer! Here are seven simple steps for wrapping the perfect gift the right way:
- Start by making sure you have all your supplies together. You’ll need wrapping paper, ribbons or bows, clear tape, scissors, and a ruler.
- Choose your gift wrap and place the box upside (lid) down on the underside of the paper with the pattern facing away from the box. The box should be upside down so that the seams of the wrapping paper end up on the bottom of the box when you’re done.
- Measure how much paper to cut by placing the box in the center of the paper and folding one side of the paper up. Pull it slightly more than halfway across the box, securing it in place with a small piece of clear tape.
- Before you cut the paper, make sure you’ve measured out enough gift wrap to overlap the edge of the paper that is secured to the box with tape, plus an additional inch. This is where your ruler comes in handy.
- Fold over the edge of the paper for a clean edge, using either your fingers or the edge of your ruler, and use another small piece of clear tape to secure it to the box, making sure to overlap the seams. Now that the front and back of the box are covered, it’s time to cover the sides.
- Fold the top flap of the wrapping paper down to cover the side of the box. This will leave two small “wings” which you will fold inward toward the center of the box. Finally, bring the bottom flap of paper up to cover the top and sides, and secure with tape. Repeat for the other side of the box.
- Finish by wrapping a decorative ribbon around the box and securing it with a piece of clear tape, add some colorful bows or package toppers, and a gift tag. Voila! You’re finished wrapping your gift.
And there you have it! Wrapping gifts isn’t hard, but as with anything in life the more you do it the more skilled you’ll become. For easy transporting of all your gifts to their final destination, pick up some gift bags to make the job a little easier. Merry Christmas!