Wow guests at your next birthday party with this adorable, no-mess alternative to a traditional birthday cake. They’ll never know how easy it was to make.
Follow these simple instructions to make ice cream cone cupcakes:
- One batch of your favorite boxed cake batter recipe, prepared according to instructions
- 24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- jimmies or sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Arrange the ice cream cones on a 13″ by 9″ baking sheet, in a cupcake tin or on our easy to use cupcake cone baking rack.
- Add 1/4 cup batter to each cone. To make this super easy, use an ice cream scoop!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done. To test for “doneness,” insert a toothpick into a cupcake. It will come out clean when the cupcakes are ready.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Have fun decorating! Use different frosting flavors and colors to copy the look of real ice cream cones.
A few helpful tips:
- These cupcakes taste best the day they are made. Store lightly covered to keep them fresh.
- For an unforgettable party activity, leave off the sprinkles and let the kids apply them themselves. Have a buffet of toppings they’d find in an ice cream parlor, such as gummy bears and fresh fruit.
- If using a flat cookie sheet, check the cones every 5 minutes. Sometimes the unevenness of the batter will cause them to tip and spill!
Now that you have the perfect party treats, pick the perfect card to match. Current makes it easy with our convenient online order form. Find a card or gift today.